Concord Baptist Church…Saving Souls in Jesus Name Since 1842.
Concord Baptist Church was constituted a church on July 30, 1842. The first building was located on a hill hear the Old Sandy Creek Crossing. Later this building was disassembled and reassembled about 300 feet east, across the street from where the current church is located. This building was used by the Baptist, Methodists, and as a school. In 1905 a new church was constructed. This is our sanctuary building today.
In 1948, the Sunday School rooms were added onto the building. In the 50’s the building was brick veneered and new pews and other improvements were made. The Fellowship Hall was built by the men of the church with lumber cut from timber from the land of current church members. Central heat and air conditioning was added in 1969. Our educational building was constructed in 1976 and so was our baptistery. The church steeple and chimes were added in 1985.
Concord Baptist Church is the mother church of two other local Baptist churches. Long Branch Baptist Church was established in 1875 and Evergreen Baptist Church in 1879. The history of Concord Baptist Church indicates its generosity and commitment to missions; a tradition that continues to this day.
We have deep roots within the community with a history dating back to 1842. Concord Baptist Church welcomes you to come and become a part of that history. Sunday School services begin every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. followed by Children’s Church, and Worship Service at 11:00 a.m. Concord also offers Wednesday night Bible Study along with Youth Services starting at 7:00 p.m. followed by Choir practice at 8:00 p.m. Come be a part of our Church Family!